Saturday 1 May 2010

Moaning football fans

It is true that football fans are so fickle. A lot of fans treat the team they support as some kind of higher power, something to worship. Football IMO can also become a form of obsession or addiction. I am not talking about actually playing the game, but following as a supporter. Sometimes the word supporter is quite hypocritical, support is getting behind the team, offering encouragement, being there through thick and thin.
What I hear is a lot of negativity and moaning among so called supporters. To be honest at the moment I am not going to football, my own spirituality has suffered as a result of going to see mt team Queens Park Rangers. I have been going to QPR for thirty five years and seen exciting and also depressing times. Somehow I have let expectations and hopes get the better of me again. All the promises from that controlling fool Briatore have made QPR a bit of an embarracement in the eyes of other London fans. I suppose it is not really fair of me to call Briatore a fool either, he is just a man who does not know any better. he is a businessman, money obsessed and sod anyone who gets in his way. What Briatore lacked what realism setting himself SMART goals was not his forte. SMART is an acronym for Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic and Time-bound.
Flavio Briatore had a specific and time-bound vision for QPR and that was to be in the Champions League within five years. what is laughable is that this goal was totally unrealistic and unachievable given the amout of money that was invested into his project. I personally feel that Briatore was living in a fantasy world, he was also totally impatient. But at least he did step down and finally admit he was out of his league in the football world. Leave it to the professionals, the peole who know how to run and manage a team. Would I call a mechanic to come and expertly decorate my home? I think not, I would use a reknown decorator to do the job.
Back to the subject of myself being disheartened about going to football, there are other reasons for keeping me away, and that is being surrounded by a culture that seems to only be happy when things are going well and not actually enjoying the game for what it is, a sport.

7 comments:

  1. briatore is a cheat and a money grabber if qpr get done you can bet your bottom dollar its down to him

    ReplyDelete
  2. Surely it wouldn't be in Briatore's interest to mess QPR up. But then life throws up many crazy things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My feeling is again that I want to stay away from football completely. I ought to know by now not to expect too much at QPR. I have not had a drink of alcohol now for over five years, and to be honest football can sometimes be a trigger for drinking.
    the whole atmosphere and mentality of football fans is very geezer orientated. That is something I used to love, but not so these days, I am trying to keep a peaceful life and for me that means a better quality of life. Supporting QPR has always been a bit of a let down as well, just when things are good something comes along to kick us in the proverbial nuts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. its not in britore"s interest to mess qpr up but he thinks he can bend-break the rules and get away with it

    ReplyDelete
  5. There may be a conspiracy theory that Briatore has already done a deal to sell his stake in the club. Now he is gutted and wants to get his own back, you never know.

    ReplyDelete
  6. my predictions 4 2days games man city 3 1 reading stoke 2 1 westham cardiff 2 0 barnsley rangers 4 0 kilmarnock see if u can do any better ?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mart looks like you got the Stoke v Hammers result correct. I don't know the results of the rest, been a bit busy. We got a good result yesterday.

    ReplyDelete